PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2010, 16:22
Dawdler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
James Plaskitt Labour MP for Warwick and Leamington quote:
"Warned prospective new Swiss bosses ADP they would face the same problems as the former owners". Plakitt went on to say "Any renewed attempt to introduce passenger jets would not get planning permission".
It seems that the new owners are not likely to garner any support from the local tories either.
Jeremy Wright (Whereas) I am always pleased to see redundancies avoided, but I remain doubtful that the business plan of the potential operators of Coventry Airport will be any more successful than that of the previous operators. More generally, I am not persuaded of the desirability of an airport at Coventry given the proximity of Birmingham Airport. The Coventry Airport site was certainly an unsuitable base for large passenger aircraft.
This is the man who is currently MP for the area immediately adjacent to the airport, but who is seeking a safer conservative seat (due to boundary changes) in Kenilworth and Stoneleigh.

I written back to him contesting his views, but as I will now fall outside his constituency I fear that my views will be placed in file 13.