PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do we feel about the term SLF?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2010, 11:15
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paxboy . Somebody who hasn't had a sense of humour failure!!

I've been crew for a number of years and had never heard the term SLF used until I joined PPRune a few months ago. I thourght it really funny. It's not malicious in any way and can be quite apt at times for a number of reasons.....one outlined in your post yesterday

I started using it in this forum and got canned by a number of posters some of which are on this thread. For that reason, not wanting to upset ego's, I curtailed my use and now mostly only use the term if I'm reffering to myself when traveling as SLF.

TS is right. One can choose to take offence at anything or you can laugh it off. I laugh off the "trolleydolly" and "cart tart" labels as to me they are also humerous. In fact I chose my own user name to take the p!ss out of the stereotype. I'm not a "dolly" either in looks or intellect but I bet some pax may well have that perception in my use of this name.

Just to play devils advocate here please can I ask a question on feelings through the use of names.

In the pax forum there are some posters who frequently refer to security staff as "rejects" or "morons" or "animals" or even "retards" purely because of their job.

To those who are precious about the term SLF how do you think they might feel when reading that?

Just a thourght