PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tell me I was seeing things, Tell me the BBC did not show a Soldier dying
Old 10th Feb 2010, 09:11
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I saw this, I did also think that the engineer may have been shown dying, but was not sure.

I also saw something else, and something maybe the news crew were also trying to point out! (Sorry for the thread drift I am about to make).

The article also showed that to have a SAFER way to detect IED's then American kit had to be there, along with American crews. Once the U.S. kit was disabled, then it was down to British methods, with the results of our approach being shown!

If the reporters had made direct comment to our lack of kit, they would have been breaking BBC rules, this was perhaps another way to get the point across. I am sure the way we deal with IED's is much more relevant to a BBC reporter on the ground, that those who are happy to listen to our politico's spouting on how well equipped we are, but stood somewhere safe in Westminster.

Get well soon to the U.S soldier with the injured arm, and thank you for your support in the mission.
RIP, and sincere thoughts to the Family of the British engineer who paid the ultimate price.