PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)
Old 10th Feb 2010, 07:03
gate 22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)

Well the Belfast airports have now been split, probably about time.
Its been a bad year for most main UK airports with a large downturn in business. BFS has not escaped the cull.

Main areas of interest/concern
1. EZY's LTN service now at BHD, alot of rumours floating around there IMO its gone what will follow?
2. The runway extension and passenger cap at BHD are top of the 'concern list'. Passenger cap would - I think be top of the list.

On the plus side
1. BFS has invested heavily in the terminal-haven't been through since last summer so cannot comment. Will it attract new operators?
2. Coming slowly out of recession I wonder if any new routes/operators will be announced soon surely canada must be around the corner.

I have thought that RE should look into a BFS/CWL service with 2 daily flights they could make a run at it. WW at there peak carried quite alot of passengers (aircraft was too large for the route at the end of the day)

A good rumour posted at BHD this morning can sometimes lift spirits

Btw BMI in advance talks with BFS concerning Heathrow route,and that has come from a BMI management friend,not a man in a park with a dog..................
By Mutleyshriek

This rumour has come and gone what do you think?