PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR Heli down in Almeria
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2010, 06:56
verticalflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dantruck

Dantruck,

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I would never use a sad situation like the present to ‘spin’ some rumours or unfounded information. These are facts that could be easily proven, by simply asking pilots about their ratings, the length of the training completed to date, and whether IF screens were used during IF training / checking or not.

I have refrained from commenting about the quality of the training, because that opens a can of worms that would distract us from the facts. If somebody is willing to go that route, then I could comment on that area as well.

The above list is just a few of the many problems that Inaer operations have. As ‘Perrito Piloto’ has done, I’m certain that other Spaniards in this forum could confirm my statement.

Why this hasn’t come up before? I personally (and now this is my personal opinion) believe that it is due to the very comfortable position that Inaer enjoys within the Spanish market. They have a monopoly of the helicopter industry in Spain, which works against both pilots and customers.

Pilots that in other operations / countries would not get any close to the machine due to the lack of training, SOPs, etc. have no option but to put up with the deficiencies of the system, do the job, get their pay cheque (SASEMAR pilots are relatively well paid), and go home.

Most of the pilots are extremely hard workers and have a big heart for the job (as most SAR pilots would), however they cannot develop their professionalism due to the above-mentioned problems.

Again, if you wish to know more about these problems, or if the moderator of this forums believes that giving the severity of this statements I should support my position with additional information, please PM me.

Best regards,

verticalflight