PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2010, 03:27
Blythy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aside from the ice stuff; there's some interesting theoretical questions that come as a result of this:

-does a three degree glideslope have enough of a safety margin for an approach vector. Would a higher slope with a lower throttle setting (hence less difference should thrust fail) be safer with regard to a loss of power on finals, or is the requirement for a better go around response more pressing (presumeably, it's faster to go around with a lower glideslope)

-Are runway safety margins big enough; should there be some sort of retardation surface at the end of runways in the event of such an incident or is grass good enough? What if it had been frozen?

-How the hell did a guy make it back on board to retrieve stuff? I know the slide at the rear right door was almost horizontal from pics I remember seeing but when did he get a chance?

-Good boeing quality control I see; with plastic ice scrapers being found in the tank; and FOD having a possible effect on the water scavenging in the tanks.