PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - haemorrhoids
Thread: haemorrhoids
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 22:12
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Don't know about the medical, but I do know they can be a pain in the bum.

I hesitate to tell this tale, but I will anyway. I know just how by painful this problem can be.

Working in the cabin on busy flights could result in a heavy overhead of pain for hours. Come to think of it, I recall calling in sick one day...I made the mistake of telling them what was wrong. Never allowed to forget it.

Thinking about it more, I realize that it was halfway through a duty day. Getting back to base was a chance to cry off. It was that bad.

Later, but when I was only in my early 30s, and practicing judo and karate a minimum of 3 nights a week. I had to stop karate because the high kicks were tearing something up my jacksie.

After weeks of doctors advice and every kind of goo being applied with no results, I started coaxing the problem back form whence it had come while showering. I would stand in the shower like a lemon - for protracted periods - with me thumb...or at least a digit, holding everything in place.

It really wasn't that long. 5 mins or so a time, and it worked. Somehow the stretched walls gained enough power to stay put. No problems for the next 40 years, and I've advised (close) friends to do the same. 100% success.