PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe sponsorship 2010
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 20:49
leigh_logan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phase 4

Hi FC86.

Sorry to hear that you're in the same boat as me! The interview started really well but after about 30 it went downhill until the technical questions at the very end which I did answered successfully (mind you I did focus most of my time researching the Q400, principles of flight, how a jet engine works and current news regarding aviation. The questions that got me were; Why is and explain how effective communication is important (something like that) and why is there a rank system in place i.e. Captain, FO etc? I was too vague in my answers so Jo tells me, It's simple stuff I know, but I didn't cover it pre-interview as I thought the point of the group discussion at phase 3 was to assess your communication skills!

I'm going to reapply to flybe next year as Jo said I was really close to making the final four, as i mentioned earlier the only issue was, vagueness in my answers for 2-3 of the questions. In the meantime I'm going to be saving hard!!! I asked the same question to Cabair about an interview before the commencement of the course but no joy...

I've considered going to the States to do my ATPL, it's quite a bit cheaper and the weathers good a friend of mine did it out there 2 or so years ago and he's now flying 737's for Ryanair, So if i'm unsuccessful for the second time with Flyve then i'll probably follow suit.

Anyway keep me posted, it would be nice to hear how things turn out for you...

Good luck with everything mate, if I can be of any help feel free to contact me.
Cheers
Leigh