PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 20:15
JobsaGoodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course it will end in tears.

What I thank U2 rumours for is how they have shown how much BE have been ripping the people on the IOM off!

It amazes me how they have just dropped fares so drastically - why couldn't they have done so before?

It is now time for Exeter to have a taste of their own medicine with what really is a big boy.
MUFC - BE have dropped fares in an effort to both sway the travelling public to pick their services now and to help maintain their market share should EZY come onto the route. You appear to be suggesting that when you compare the previous lowest Flybe £29.99 o/w fare with the £21.50 o/w fare that Flybe are effectively making a profit of £8.49 on each ticket it sells. In my opinion that is quite a niave view to take.

The fact remains that even if EZY filled every seat at £9.99 for example, they would still not come close to covering their costs. After all, how do they pay the UK and IOM APD at £10/11 for each sector?

As for EXT getting a taste of thier own medicine - lets not forget that Flybe in it's various guises has been around now for over 30yrs, longer than both Ryanair and Easyjet combined. I think they know how to handle some competition. They have more than held their own against EZY/FR in BHD, seen off FR off domestics in BOH and BMIBaby out of BHX and CWL. Something tells me that Flybe won't be scared off by a 737 or 319 painted orange!