PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 19:15
robin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crying wolf indicates a falsehood or at best deliberately trying to mislead.

How can it be 'crying wolf' to say redundancies will be issued again - when in fact that is exactly what has happened.

and my 1st post clearly states redundancies have been issued before.........
As Exrigger has mentioned there are two ways to use the phrase 'crying wolf'. The fact that threats have been made and redundancies issued, only to be cancelled - and more than once - I would categorise as crying wolf.

I am deeply saddened at this for hard-working and dedicated staff. I know only too well how it feels.

However, I would ask whether or not it is a project I would like to base my long-term future on. After the 2nd issue of a notice, I'd be looking for the exit, as management don't seem to be very caring as to its workers.

Worse, it seems to be using it as part of their PR.

They have to by law give 28 days notice, the deadline is to wind up the VTST at the end of Feb if they don't get enough money thus the notices had to be issued by 1st Feb.
And when the fund reaches the magic £200k the redundancy notices will be torn up (again) until the next time.

I hope the management are aware of the unsettling effect this must be having on the excellent staff.

All I am saying is the the team deserve better, and constant begging just doesn't cut it