PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-Air Collision over Southern Germany (merged)
Old 5th Jul 2002, 17:48
twistedenginestarter
ENTREPPRUNEUR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enemy 12 o'clock high

I've said it before, but how many more innocent children are going to die before someone gets rid of this World War 2 CB radio ATC nonsense that is so completely,..... completely,...... completely ridiculous???

TCAS is just a pathetic attempt to scratch at the edge of a simple fact. - WE ARE IN THE DIGITAL AGE

We all know it would take about 10 mins to specify what a computer controlled digital system would be like, and any IT supplier could deliver the thing by next year. Don't talk to me about Swanick - that was like someone trying to design an electric razor that looked like a human being with arms etc to manipulate a cut-throat. I couldn't do it so I'm not surpised they didn't manage to either. Note I'm not saying you have to do away with pilots, but perlease there is absolutely no point in a person trying to work out airliner ballistics in real time and then try to relay that at human speech speed/error rate across a crackly voice channel.

All we get is pilot studies, pilot studies and pilot studies.

And dead bodies...