PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria is hiring!
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 13:58
Captain Marverick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foriegn Licence Conversion

Hi
I think there is a bit of confusion about TR in the FAA sense and JAA. FAA type ratings have specific requirements and for PIC one of the requirements is for the applicant to have 2000 TT or more on either Jets or Turbo Props (FAR 61).In the case of a 737 type,whether it is done on a level C in the case of the classics( I have not seen any level D classic Sim yet are there any?) or level D in the case of the 600/700/800/BBJ the endorsement on the licence after passing the FAA check/evaluation is sinply 737 type rated.For those with less than the requirement for PIC they do what is called Special operations experience SOE and then need some actual time of supervised flying in the 737 aircraft before any limitation can be removed.Most of the times 25 hours of base training.I did a 737 300 type rating on level C and differences in the 800 level D sim but i only have 737 type rating on my ATP Airman Certificate issued by the FAA.I am not an authority on JAA procedures but i think the NCAA will help pilots who seek to work in Nigeria by coming up with clear cut policy on Foreign License conversions ie FAA/JAR/ICAO so as to avoid confusion and speculations.Finally i think any one seeking clarity must contact the NCAA.