PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 13:40
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, She Whom Must Be Obeyed and I are just home today off the EI851 from Geneva. Today's flight was also well patronised and not only that but a lot of snacks and duty free was sold so I am prepared to eat my new hat if no profit was made from our recent two flights and as Charlie Roy relates so well all of this has been achieved with minimal advertising so what could you do if you put a bit of elbow grease into the effort? What is forgotten or less known is that large areas of France in the Haute Savoie region which includes the ski resort areas of Chamonix, Annecy and Megeve choose Geneva as their international gateway as the choice of destinations is more and more price competitive than, say, Lyon. A lot of folk, and it must be in the millions, live within two hours of Geneva and given the resources that the likes of the CAA must have at their disposal I think even I could drum up a hundred to a hundred fifty pax twice a week or so to come to visit the Cork & Kerry areas. Shannon and Knock have made a job of Zurich seasonally after being handed it on a plate by Cork in snn's case so it could be argued a go could be made of both Swiss cities to Cork. There is a heck of a lot of cash lying there waiting to be spent as the the Porsches and sporty Mercedes/BMW so prove.

Wait for it now, Ryanair, will next annoucnce a Geneva base and fly to Kerry and Knock! The EZY presence at Geneva is some sight.

Even so, that would be no excuse in Cork's case - Geneva can work winter and summer from Cork.