PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 12:52
anna_list

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR @ EDI Summer 2010

Hi RYR738_driver,

As it currently stands, it looks as though the summer timetable at EDI will require 5 aircraft.

Compared to last summer, out go: CCF (moved to PIK), LIG, ZAD, WRO, CAG, AOC and HAU (all of which ended last October and do not seem to be returning) and BOH too.

But in come: CRL, FMM, TRF, GDN, LPA, ACE, TFS, GRO, BOD and TMP. SNN continues 3x weekly too.

Here's some uninformed speculation from me:

If they add 6th aircraft, I would expect the usual mix of new routes and frequency increases on the strongest existing routes (maybe increasing MLA and some of the German routes?). I'm sure they will be keen to mop up any untapped demand to sun destinations resulting from the demise of Globespan.

They will need to pick new routes that don't damage existing routes from PIK (witness the cancellation of PIK to TRF, MRS, NRN, HHN, NYO, KRK), which makes me wonder whether they would risk EDI-BGY, although I agree that the route has potential. EDI-FAO might be worth a go in Summer, maybe Porto too. Venice TSF would surely be a good choice? Given the apparent success of the German routes (except AOC), they might try EDI-Karlsruhe FKB. As usual with Ryanair, you can be sure there will be a at least a couple of surprises - how about Morocco, Seville, La Rochelle or Sicily?

As for domestic flights, I think that once the economy starts growing again, Ryanair may be very tempted to attack routes such as EDI-STN and EDI-BRS. Perhaps EDI-EMA against a very weak bmiBaby would be the most obvious first target?

<End of my waffle, which will probably turn out to be completely and utterly wrong>

Last edited by anna_list; 9th Feb 2010 at 18:21.