PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 12:12
S.F.L.Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The statements referred to were almost certainly gleaned from post-accident interviews with the pilot concerned. The AAIB aren't going to publish word-for-word stuff like that, are they?
The statements I was referring to are statements from the report. CVR transcriptions aren't uncommon in such reports and I only regret that this time it is missing.

I don't believe I am a minority of one , when I say "enough" !
You are certainly not a minority but it doesn't mean I can't discuss about what is written in this report... Why should I be banned for quoting a specific statement of the official report?

It clearly says in black and white that the FO omitted to disconnect the AP, which is quite different from a conscious decision to keep it engaged. There's a clear difference between the words "omitted" and "decided". Why can't I address the lack of further details when such a meaningful word is deliberately being used? I'm not bringing in any personal theory, I'm just stating what the AAIB released, period.

The reports also mentions that this "omission" resulted in low speed/low energy situation which didn't allow any pre-impact flare, causing a high vertical velocity impact (which btw caused most of the aircraft's damages). According to the report that was quite a costly omission.

The BEA's statement about the "omitted" concorde's spacer isn't neither leading to deeper analysis...