PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh CASA, you.....
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 05:19
benharris10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blogsey

You knew the rule, didn't follow it, and are surprised to be caught out?
Would that be like doing 100km/h in a 60 zone, then complaining to the copper when your caught, that it's ridiculous because you were never caught in the past?
Don't blame CASA.
Would you agree that it is a bit of a ridiculous system though? I'm sure that there is a logic behind it, but for the life of me can't work out what it might be. After passing your GFPT flight test (for which you must have also passed BAK) Casa receives a copy of all of your paperwork. Surely this would be able to be recorded on their system somewhere and then passed to ASL, really, it wouldn't be that difficult. Also, if I am sitting 7 CPL subjects with ASL, and have unique details with them which I use to book my exams, I should only need to show proof of passing BAK once, not each time that I go to sit a new exam. I personally have not been asked to show my logbook once, and everytime I go to the ASL exam centre I sneak a glance at the sheet with my name on it and which says "BAK examanation pass required" (or something along those lines) and four times so far it has said no. Not sure why I don't have to show it.

Girl with a stick says she showed her logbook at the first exam,.... hopefully in that time CASA or her flying school hasn't rechecked her BAK exam and magically found that she actually failed. Whilst it's a rule, there has to be a better way that it can be done.