PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - looking for A320 jobs
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 00:17
fly_antonov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benip, nice contribution.
Strong arguments and facts as they are.

I interrupted flight training at the right moment and I'm debt free, pursuing other careers in aviation.
I will refuse to ever pay for a type-rating, line-training or Pay to Fly. Not only because it is unethical, but also because it would be financial suicide. I have several friends who share this view, many others who don' t and committed financial suicide.

I recommend my fellows here do the same.
I will never fly for Ryanair. My purpose is not to land on just any jet.
I' ll wait for the right opportunity and if it never comes, so be it.
We should all stop behaving like prostitutes and focus on getting this bottleneck problem solved.
(prostitutes can claim more honour, they get paid for what they do)

The main priority for us all is to inform adequately people who are considering signing up for flight training .

There are thousands of pilots jobless in Europe.
If your flight school is telling you that you have chances of catching employment before 2015, understand that they are only trying to push you into committing financial suicide for their own financial well-being.

Your flight school' s boss will drive around in a Porsche while you will work at McDonald' s to repay your loans!

Before you realise it, your dream could become your worst nightmare.
Some of my friends who went the expensive, risky, reckless route are starting to panic when they look at the huge pile of debts they are sitting on.
Try proposing to your girlfriend when your account balance is 100 000 euro in the red. You can already guess her answer.

Only you can do something about it, do not get sucked into it just because others are doing it too!

Last edited by fly_antonov; 9th Feb 2010 at 00:36.