PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An open letter to the owners of PPrUNe regarding advertising
Old 9th Feb 2010, 00:14
Buter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aren't the adverts paid per click?
Nope.

Clicking on an advert will do nothing more than click through to whatever URL is assigned to the image.

PPRuNe's rates aren't even CPM (click per milia) like almost every other website I can think of. You simply pay for the size advert you want and the length of the campaign.

From experience, a one month campaign will get you a ridiculous amount of impressions. The click through rate on PPRuNe is very low, in my limited experience, and the conversion rate is almost non existent. I can only assume that most organizations use this site primarily for branding purposes or to imprint their organizations into the brains of the less mentally endowed in order to encourage the much cherished 'parting of the cash.'

Why is your computer configured to see the adverts? I forgot that there even was advertising on this site.

It really does boil down to a few simple observations -

Why the does an American media company care if a flight training organization advertises on its website just because a few of its non paying patrons do not like the fto or the training on offer?

Why are you not laughing about the fto's advertising money being wasted on you?

Why are you bitching about a service that is free to you?

Cheers

Buter

ps - Prophead, if not obvious, only the info wrt the pay per click was directed at you.