PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bacon Saver Angle of Attack Indicator
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2002, 15:40
Kirstey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stik,

I am fairly confident I can recognise the early stages of a stall. The fact that light aircraft don't as a rule have an AOA indicator, doesn't mean they are more dangerous with them without! Surely it's similar to GPS - not an essential tool by any means but if a pilot chooses to use one then thats up to them??

I suspect it is a fairly minor mod and won't effect the basic C of G, likewise being as the guy is asking for advice on it's proper installation one can assume he's going to install it properly??? Therefore if it's calibrated properly it can only be helpful!!

Flying an airplane is not difficult the added task of glancing at an extra gague is not going to overload a pilot!!

I won't use GPS I think its "cheating" I get a lot of pleasure plotting a route, tracking VORs and NDBs etc etc.. I wouldn't critise anyone who wanted to use a GPS as a primary nav tool so long as they have skills in other techniques to get them home n case it goes pear shaped!

Ultimatly if QDM can afford an airplane he can afford an AOA! so stop giving it the "I AM" routine and let people enjoy their aviation however they want to do it!