PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware of parting with your money!
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2010, 19:16
mercuray
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No,Mutt,I was paying for a FAA SIC,Type-Rating.That which was on offer to be commenced on Friday 29 Jan and to be completed 28 days later.You again miss the point.Read other inputs.I said that the system is wide open to "convenient sign-offs".A generalisation quite clearly.Second point: Well,I was certainly not expecting to be ripped off.......Just the SIC type-rating as agreed at interwiew and cleared so to do by TSA. The purpose of permission to commence training between 2 dates is to do just that,not to knowingly mislead a candidate with false information;obtain the clearence,and then say; "we have 180 days in which to do it.Catch you later.I am busy for the next 5 to 8 weeks"
A fool and his money.Ditto.I did not lose the £2500;just the $130 TSA Fee.....Yeup, I should have known better!
There is "Law" outside avaition with regard to financial dealings.Next week,I will follow professional advice.At this point,I am effectivly muzzled. If the guy was honourable,then he would just return my monies ($130). I repeat,it is the principle and underhand manipulation of myself and the system...not the $130.Having said that, it is the first time that I have been conned in aviation.Dumb move,but it will be one that will hopefully be rectified.I could just walk away and forget about it,but I won't.Not much gets my goat,but this one has.