PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 8th Feb 2010, 17:49
ex-XL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amelia, to avoid any confusion I would point out that I do not work for flydubai, though I do have many friends and prior colleagues who do work there. Hence the inside info.

I was sent one snippet which quotes their Chief Pilot saying of their February rosters "Average flight time for February is now ranging between 50- 60 hours/credit time and will continue to climb.". When saying 'flight time' I believe what he is referring to is 'block hours'.

I think you will find that many of the flydubai pilots are taking that statement with a pinch of salt. Any higher figure that you might have was probably just an aberration caused by a backlog of folk taking leave prior to the end of 2009.

The promised addition of more aircraft and more crew will probably not do much to alleviate the lack of flying, and it might well make it worse for a while. What they need are more routes and more utilisation out of the aircraft that they already have!

Fwiw, I also think you are right about the salary, or lack of it. To go an live and work in the sandpit, with all that that entails, requires a hefty reward, not a small one!

Last edited by ex-XL; 8th Feb 2010 at 17:54. Reason: Chinese network connection screwed up