PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Five people to face Concorde crash trial
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2010, 16:13
wings folded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wings folded,

The reason many of us doubt the existence of a determined will to find the truth is that the only ones being charged are the ones highlighted by the BEA (Continental) and ones who are so far back in history that they will be dealt with leniently anyhow.
If the public prosecutor had listened to the other opinion existing and had demanded the prosecution of the AF engineer responsible for the non-replacement of the spacer (as everyone EXCEPT the BEA seems to understand the importance of this ), perhaps the person compiling the loadsheet, perhaps the controller who didn't see the smoke & flames until WAY too late (CDG controllers don't look out the window , I operated there for 6 yrs & I can give some hideous examples that prove that claim) the Director of Flight Training of the Concorde fleet, indeed , 1 single person associated with Air France, somebody ? ? nobody ? ? cmon ! ! maybe we could give more credence to this "process" which seems to me to be heavily loaded to dump the blame at the first & last holes in the cheese, whilst conveniently absolving (indeed not even accusing ) the embarassing mould in the middle.
Me, I think it is a cover up, let the verdict satisfy the professional pilot population throughout Europe & I will be happy to retract that statemen
So you know already how the court will deal with the "ones who are so far back in history that they will be dealt with leniently anyhow."

Do let us know the rest of the judgement of which you are aware by some miraculous time shift.

We are all wasting our time here since you know the outcome in advance. Put us out of our misery. Tell us the reasoned findings as they will emerge in 4 months.

Like so many other contributors to this thread, you fall into the mistake of beleiving that only the BEA report will be heard.

A judicial process can and will hear properly formulated evidence from any concerned party.

Even in France.

let the verdict satisfy the professional pilot population throughout Europe & I will be happy to retract that statement
I have nothing but admiration for pilots' abilities.

I entrust my life to them frequently.

I get a little bit nervous when they think they also know the law inside out.

Remain safe, dedicated, skilled pilots.

It is already quite a task. Try not to get too distracted from it.