PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Essential Reg Info Poject for LAE's
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2010, 14:49
Beeline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I understand what your are trying to do woptb but people need to learn at there own pace when first becoming certified, no amount of reading and prep can prepare you for signing that first box, I was a real cocky so and so once I had passed all my exams, I knew everthing there is and was about aircraft engineering, but in hindsight Im glad I had a few knocks to bring me back down to earth, I knew nothing!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Exams are good for underpinning knowledge but thats where it stops, working alongside good blokes and learning yourself is paramount, it takes years and im still learning, so are the best 35 yr service blokes I work with, but the kitchen is hot sometimes and if you can't hack it , get out of there. Only the fittest and nurtured will survive; and that takes time.

Procedures are there to protect that of the companies interest and not yours, intuition and experience is the only way to use them to your advantage. Cover your ass with them. A great man once said 'you're only as good as your last 'S'!