PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2010, 14:12
cuthere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ameila, I have no information either way. It just doesn't fit with me, that an airline that only operates from Derry because of a heavy subsidy, would see the same airport as a place for growth.

Couple that with the fact Aer Arann currently has a fleet of 14 'planes (4 ATR42s, 7 ATR72s, and a handful of Islanders), 4 of which are to be used as Aer Lingus Regional, leaving the rest to operate the current PSO commitments, I have to wonder where will the spare airframes will come from?

Furthermore, it wasn't that long ago that RE were staring down the barrel of bankruptcy. Who knows? Obviously Stewart28 and ALPHA ECHO know some things we don't, but I would've thought strong(er) airlines like BE and EZY would be more able to operate additional routes out of LDY.

I totally agree about the media silence too. Surely there should be some news of new routes getting out. The summer schedules start soon, and you would imagine any new routes would need to be announced soon.

Having said all that, hopefully I'll be made to eat all of the above words with an announcement soon!!!!