PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 8th Feb 2010, 14:06
onvacation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ali,

I agree with some of what you say, Youre preaching to the converted, ie. I disagree with BA strikes etc, but I think its a little harsh to go around calling people a 'bunch of sissies' because things do not appear to be turning out as promised!

I assume you work for FD? I dont. Theres a few of us (LCC in the uk) that were interested as some colleagues have already gone to FD. Some are also heading to FR. (chalk and cheese!) I was curious about FD but surprised at the less than glowing feedback at this early stage. You obviously have useful inside info, perhaps you can share with those considering the move?

Not sure I or understand what youre getting at re punishing pilots with the rostering. (Have they done anything wrong?)

From what I hear its difficult to plan a life around the rosters and leave. Nothing wrong with expecting a life outside work in any job or industry eh? Any of the present ops/rostering systems can account for additional flights, changes, leave, training, expansion etc. In 2010 I cant really see why a roster has to be published just 5 days in advance in a scheduled airline with only 6 aircraft. Or why leave is allocated the month before its due. Stbys can cover unexpected flights, so there must be more to it.

Either way, Im sure it'll get on its feet soon enough. Good luck to all that have taken the plunge.
Flydubai is an enjoyable place to work, but the schedules are terrible. I'm not sure what they are telling guys in the interveiw, but I was never told about being on reserve / home standby. I suspect that the rostering department is either incompetent or does not like the pilot group having a good schedule. 45 hours a month and 8 days off (we have plenty of pilots on board to do way better than that).