PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do We Still Do PAX Trips in the RAF
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2010, 07:34
peppermint_jam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a trip in the back of a GR4 a couple of years ago. Luckily for me it was a twin sticker too. The pilot didn't take to well to my claims of "You could teach a monkey to fly a plane but you couldn't teach one to fix it!"

So when we were over the north sea somewhere "OK, you're flying" from the front seat soon had me eating my words! Just trying to keep the damn thing straight and level was nails!

Credit where it's due, that flying lark ain't quite so easy after all! The only downer was that I forgot my camera, however a few begging posts on some of the spotters websites and I had some great photos in my hands!

I had seen the dayglo jackets half way up various hills in the lakes, so assumed they must be spotters and threw them a wave! Consequently my desktop is now a photo of my trip taken as we passed through Dunmail! (Sp?)

Won't forget the trip in a hurry, thanks Si W for driving me and the spotters for spotting me!

Good times.

Pax rides always used to be on a Friday afternoon, and usually a medic/adminer with rather large lady lumps! Still, flying on an Friday afternoon was never popular with us groundcrew!