PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF pilots leaving
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2010, 07:26
Roller Merlin

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

No Sandy am not beating a recruiting drum but always ready to offer advice to anyone to save them money and hassle. This thread seems popular (57000 views to date) so seems there might be a little bit of interest.

Having made the jump to a LCC my own view is that traditional airlines like QF and CX - which have been the obvious and preferred first ports of call for RAAFies interested in an airline career, are adjusting to the operating environment, and things are changing rapidly. LCCs seems to be becoming the fast track to a jet command albeit a less palatable and more expensive option. They are not for everyone (some of the T&C giving many the s**s), but LCC in oz are generating new markets and also taking some routes from traditionals, and providing lots of jet and type experience to those who want it. It is these guys that will increasingly move the the higher pay and better conditions of the traditional airlines (when they start recruiting) and the LCC will suck more up. With ADF pay now better than your typical LCC, a decision to leave and fly for airlines rest more now with things like where you want to live, shortest time to command, and how much it will cost you to leave. Just my ramblings....

COR - I hope the CTAS has not been altered. The precedence has been set with quite are few leavers getting the full endo cost. But the CTAS application must be strictly by the book and the letter of offer from the company must offer a position strictly upon passing a type assessment (ie simulator) against which the CTAS training will be applied. The resettlement officer I used was an expert on this and it was approved within a few days.