PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Digital Photography Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2010, 05:51
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks again gentlemen for the work you've put into this thread.

In addition, with these programs one of the most valuable features is that the original RAW file is preserved.
I didn't realize that. I haven't saved any of my experimenting, so don't know yet if it will do that with the bundled offering. I'll look tomorrow.

A small warning about processing jpegs. If you work on a jpeg and save the changes in jpeg file format, the jpeg compression does its thing and compresses the file again.
I hadn't given this much thought. I have to say that I'd rather formed the opinion that once the jpeg was created, that was all the 'damage' done. I'll try repeated editing to one and see what happens.

I'll look at the site above tomorrow. One thing that is coming to light is the need to be very disciplined about not hanging onto poor shots. 1 gig files tend to creep up on one.

What is the best way to convey 5mb files to friends and family? e-attatchments are very limited in size. Also, is there a site that will host large files so that one can send a link to high def pictures?

Talking of which, what's happened to PhotoBucket? Went back to it recently, and just about everything had changed. Why? If it aint broke, and all that.