PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Is the worst of the Global Financial Crisis behind us?
Old 8th Feb 2010, 01:15
fire wall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferris, lazy is not a term I would imagine those that know me would use. Have you ever thought you come across a bit punchy? Is this how you conduct yourself when discussing face to face?
Having re-read the entire thread I find the only time you have stated any direction is on page 9 :
" I set up a hedge fund because I work overseas and thought the USD had to tank, given the amount of money they were/are printing. Yet even the RBA seemed to think that .84 was the top. Does have me worried (and detracting from my desire to continue earning USD!)."

Apart from above, you loosely tie your argument to that of "Chimbu" and "naked" but at no time do you have the courage of your convictions to state a numerical value in aud v usd terms. Yet you feel free to use strong language against those who hold a contrary view and it is to this that I make comment. At no time did I state that that I agreed with 4PW's views, (I too earn in a currency that is pegged to the usd and concur with the general argument re usd depreciation) but I do agree with his right to espouse them without belittling cheap shots for which you have become known.

ps. the "oranges" scenario is a very well explained analogy and one to which I agree.