PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from KAL
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2010, 00:38
PappyJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This from an airline that has had 9 major crashes...
It has led to a seige mentality that seeks to blame foreigners for all ills, and is only marginally ahead of the mindset that exists among their brotherhood in the North.

There are other jobs out there. If things are so bad, leave!

A job for the very thick-skinned and highly diplomatic and that leaves out a big majority of pilots.
It appears you have a remarkable ability to subjugate your soul and personality to foreign airlines
Which are you assuming me to be?

but its still difficult to go out informally andd have a drink...
Really! Hell, the last time that informal drink happened it involved the F/O and all but one of the Cabin folks. I recall that I may have carried one of them back to the hotel! Bottom line, it involved MUTUAL respect and accepting that when on their soil it's there culture, and visa-versa. In fact, I just remembered that more than half of the woman that showed up at my New Years party, were local Cabin folks!

Personally, my life here has been good and I've been rewarded on more than one occasion. I respect them, and they have proven time after time to respect me with all matters and opinions.

More often than not if you are pleasant to people they will return the sentiment.
Is the absolute truth!

If you're that miserable, it may be best to go back to the US (or that 51st state the UK) before you wreck things for the rest of us.

and again....
...I'm sure I'm going to take a beating over this response.