PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe sponsorship 2010
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 22:52
FutureCaptain86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well mate, unfortunately, I flunked the final hurdle too. I wasnt 100% on the day, though I think it was a mental thing and I ended up being a bit more uptight than previous stages. The questions were quite searching too, and a couple of them totally stumped me.

What did they question you on?

I think the FI sponsorship sounds very good, if you have the odd 70k floating around. Which is certainly not the case with me! I asked them if they would be willing to offer me pre-selection for the instructor job, ie if I passed an interview before March 5th, then I will have been employed by Cabair before I train, following the principle of Flybe. They said they would make enquiries, but didnt mention it in the follow up email, meaning its not possible. So it will be foolish to rack up 70k of debt, then apply for the FI sponsorship after the course, and then not get it. What then? I may have risked it if the economy was not bad, but with no security (which is what Flybe would have provided) it would be unwise.

So it looks like it will have to be the modular route. Just waiting for some good weather to continue flying!

What are you going to do? Would you take up the FI sponsorship?

FC86