PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Five people to face Concorde crash trial
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 20:48
Brit312

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must be mising something here, but all these comments have made me look at the report or at least some off it again and there aare a couple of points which confuse me

1] the aircraft is reported to have drifted to the left of the runway [due to this missing spacer] during the take off run, so one would have expected to see some input to correct this. Now as the nosewheel steering was connected to the rudder one would have expected to see some movement to the right on the rudder pedals, but all I can see are two rather big imputs [10 degs] to the left at about 50 to 60 knots. Subsequent there is the big imput of right rudder at engine failure

2] Not that it really has a any input on the crash but it would seem from the Concordesst site that the co-pilots medical was out of date, ie as he was over 40 years old his medical lasted for 6 months to the day and his last medical was 17th Jan 2000. therefore under FCL.1 regs [1999] he should have renewed it by the 17th July at the latest.
Again nothing to do with the crash but I am suprised that if true Air France would miss this.