PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - desperately short of pilots
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 20:01
winguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About Brazil there is good payments for Airline International Flights, a FO can earn more than a captain in national flying, just because he knows english.

These payments in the higher posts many times are above europe ones from nowadays, wich overthere its like having a fortune, but still you wont be able to buy the nice rich style things, like in america, or a bit like europe, for that you need to be milionaire.

They leave for airlines outside, because they get even better contracts, has a friend did the same from an african country to Qatar.

I wont tell you how much, because you will go and complain with Qatar.

Saying all this, they go fly in diferent countries, just to get better to what they already have that is already pretty good, many also for a change and some adventure.

They dont go to different places, to pay to work.
This is what is making this industry a nowadays.
Spend money while you are getting your CPL, go have some fun, share flights with private owner, fly diferent planes, its all possible just have to search, even in internet you can meet alot of plane owners.

Just dont trow away your money in a flight school, and have the idea that airlines will recruit, because a 200 h pilot in airline is not a pilot, and they just for insurance porpuses and to make money on you.

Pay for a TR if are getting a good job and good payment, that is fair for all the money you have spent before, and for responsability you have in your hands.

If not go fly smaller planes, airlines is not only what we have to aviate, and being a airline pilot doesnt make you any "better" than other pilots, your just a pilot.

Its something i see in 80% of european students, and i dont get it.
Mostly all the old captains nowadays, flyed alot smaller airplanes, in bad conditions manytimes, when they had enough hours, mature enough, real aviators, they moved on to the next step, a career, like in other jobs ( you dont go to CEO of company just because you spent more money )

Back to Brasil

I also know that there is extraordinary payments for executive aviation, mostly for pilots that fly for a owner, this when it gets to jets or the expensive helis.

There is a owner, that has 2 augustas helis, a sovereign, a challenger, and all his pilots are captains, and they all fly heli and jets. I wont tell you what they earn because you all want to go there, but you will never make it. Its only going to be a dream.

No forreigns allowed to operate national aircraft, just some adventure guys that are really willing to make the effort, and become almost brazilians can make it, like russia.

Never needed guys from exterior, they have good pilots overthere, the basic instruction in the private pilot, its not padronized like FAA, dont have english, but the pilots usualy solo the old tailwheels (most dificult thing that i have flyed in this light class airplanes, even more than multi engine) in 10-15 hours, and get the licence in 35 hours, and all this airline pilots there done the same, they have to be good in less time, dont have money to afford.

Defenitly there is no pilot shortage, executive aviation has heli and airplane is booming. Airlines also doing good.

Lots of pilots available, and the government offering scollarships not for the ones that cannot afford, but for the ones that study all ppl and cpl lessos home (6 months of study) before even starting to fly or going to a school.

Its the only country know that i know, that people withouth nothing 10 years agora can afford citation mustang. And im not kidding. I met some when i was there.

Every bussiness that has the potential of international, or interstate, with the right actions can turn out big like that.

Its one the biggest sefl sustaining countries (its so rich has a country, not socially i mean) i have ever seen, although there is alot of poverty, and all the problems, but no one there felt the "Crisis", nor seems to be bothered with that, still to today, the rich with international business felt it though.

Im saying this as a foreigner.

Last edited by winguru; 8th Feb 2010 at 01:19.