PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines
Old 7th Feb 2010, 17:51
Mikkideez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am just wondering...

Are we oblivious to the fact that government employees are what they are. Now I am not gonna make general statements...but if anyone has been to CAAP and has checked out who the regular employee Check Airmen are, y'all would agree that they are idiots. They do their jobs because they have to in order to get paid...but what are their jobs...do they know what they are doing? No they don't! They love going on work trips (even if they have no clue what they are on a trip for) and collecting dollars, or even performing checkrides "under the mango tree". That is why you need the consultants.

CAAP employees want Ciron out? To be replaced by who? With one of their own? Now there is a Category 3 (if there was such a thing) waiting to happen.
Why put the blame on him.

Not for nothing, but I think we should stop sugar coating and giving these CAAP employees credit coz it definitely isn't due. Stick it to them where it hurts. They should replace all personnel of the Aviation Safety Division (doubt if the law will allow that)....which precisely why they are so lax with their jobs...they are protected by the law...our country definitely screwed up somewhere!

Just my two cents.