PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from KAL
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 16:23
PappyJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that it's not working out for you, but after several decades overseas, I think there are a few things that you need to consider....

...You are not part of the Company...
Correct! You are not. You work for an agency, and are paid a hellofalot more than the same local.

Crewmembers are not even care to say good morning when you pass them in the Hotel Lobby or somewhere around
The fact is, that without your uniform on, they just don't see you. I've seen this countless times. But, if YOU approach them with a friendly "hello,", normally they do recognize you.

The Check in Staff is not very accommodating either...
Name ONE airline whos check-in staff are! Expat or otherwise.

Korean Captain travelled in First Class to HKG, the ExPat travelled back in Business
And the problem with this is???? I'm pretty sure that if you were flying for UAL (whatever) and someone less senior to you was forced to Business, you wouldn't have much to say about it. What makes Korean Captains any different? Actually, they DO have seniority and are entitled to perks; you're just a temp!

Racism against Expats is common
I wonder how many times you may have been perceived by the locals as racist toward them?

if proceedures are followed and how the Captain behaived
You're paid to follow their procedures, and expected to act professionally. I'm not convinced that this is an unreasonable expectation on their behalf.

You can try hard with a huge enthusiasm to improove the climate...
They just may be happy with that climate. Again, the only thing expected from you (us), is what's written in the previous quote.

the company posted a profit in the fiscal year
So they seem to be doing something right.

That's enough, since I'm sure I'm going to take a beating over this response.