PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware of parting with your money!
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 15:52
keithskye

The Ego
Has Landed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the younger, less experienced guys, this would be an opportunity to break into the market. Anyone considering this situation should get a contract that states that they will have the Lear 45 job (F/O position) for a specific rate of pay (salary), for a specific period of time (one year), subject to payment of the 2500 pounds as a bond, and successful completion of the training at FSI or CAE (at the company's expense), etc.

Having hired many pilots in the past, I know that the CP is trying to keep the candidate from taking the training and then simply walking away to another job somewhere else. It's happened to me. When pilots do that, they hurt EVERYONE in the industry, and themselves later. I think I've met this CP, and he struck me as a straightforward kind of guy, but that was just from one casual meeting there at Bournemouth when we were having our 604 looked after.

Many pilots have been their own worst enemies, because of poor work ethics and lack of any sense of honesty, loyalty or commitment. Many of the employment and salary issues we face have come about because of ourselves as a whole.