PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware of parting with your money!
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 10:14
mercuray
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware of parting with your money!

A recently advertised position for a copilot based in Bournemouth on a N-Reg.Part 91 Lear45.N-708SP.
Based in EGHH.Owners live in Monaco,I was told.(Italian)
You will be asked by the CP to pay him £2500 for the FAA SIC training;Upfront;No receipt and no guarantee of work! The interview was full of contradictions and being less than complimentary about the present freelancers,who appear to get fired at the drop of a hat.My point is not to involve you in my decision to walk away from it after TSA approval,but only to advise anybody who would accept this position on those terms to pay £250 before EACH of the first 10 Line flights.I am confident that the CP/Operater will not accept this.It is wrong that one has to pay anything,but I accept we are in hard times.I am semi-retired,so it was never of great importance to me and I should have kept with my first instincts. Young guys taking loans etc is a different story.As soon as I received my TSA approval,I was told that the aircraft was busy for the next 5 to 8 weeks.Effectively I was conned out os $130 for the TSA and £90 for a class 1 medical that I was pressured into getting,although a class 2 is adequate,(which was current).The AME also voluntered to me that the CP had checked by phone on my Medical attendence on the day.None of his buisiness.Not to mention "Patient Confidentiality".Certain other aspects concern me and I will be seeking professional advice,but that is not for this forum.If you have the L45 on your FAA ticket and spare time,I guess that may be ok.If not,be very careful is my advice based on what I have just experienced.

Last edited by mercuray; 7th Feb 2010 at 16:08. Reason: Grammar and more detail