PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Five people to face Concorde crash trial
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 09:52
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way to go...

If you happen to find yourself anywhere between .5 and 5 tons overweight for takeoff then:

A. Ignore the reported wind because it probably isn't correct anyway.

B. If the book says that you are going to have a tire failure due to overspeed due to overweight due to A, above, ignore the book because, because...

I don't know why, exactly and I probably couldn't explain this very well to a Training Captain or a Ramp Inspector or, God forbid, some Flight Operations Inspector on the jump seat but if the book stops a man doing what a man's got to do, well... Did you ever see John Wayne sweating over loadsheet calculations or using the Flight Crew Operating Manual in "The High and the Mighty"?

I understand about the aircraft being anywhere from 528 to 5,298 kilos overweight at the very minimum, just going by the numbers provided by someone arguing against this awkward fact!

How, then, did some of you arrive at this notion that the aircraft was out of its aft CG limit of 54%? What assumptions were used for that? I assume that would have to be something to do with payload, since the post above states that the CG indication was within limits when that would have depended on fuel state. Or is there still a way to have "hidden fuel" as well?

Last edited by chuks; 7th Feb 2010 at 10:03.