PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you please not drink that in front of me ....
Old 7th Feb 2010, 07:55
AirWasp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you please not drink that in front of me ....

I had a senior member of my staff travel to SE Asia recently in Biz Class onboard a Middle Eastern Airline ..

After take off, the crew circulated offer the usual post rotation drinks to which my colleague asked for G & T

After being served he had barely take a sip when the Arab Gentlmen next to him leant over and asked him "Would you please not drink that in front of me.."

Not wanting to cause an 'international incident', my colleague then proceeded to hand back his drink and refrained from ordering anymore.

Whilst I appreciate that there were several solutions to this dilemma ....move seat ... drink in the Galley.. or ignore the man, however this particular co-worker is far too polite for his own good and just went without for the remainder of the flight (not something I would have done, I hasten to add)

To add insult to deprivation, the alleged 'alcohol-objector' was travelling with Wife & child who brazenly began breast feeding halfway through the flight ... go figure !

Are there any broadly accepted rules on drinking in front of objecting pax ? or does it differ from airline to airline ?