PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Australian GA pilots annual award review 2009-10
Old 7th Feb 2010, 03:11
Rich-Fine-Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnny_56:

I'm all for a more livable pay for Pilots. I'm just speculating on the future as Australia prices itself further out of General Aviation - compared to our near neighbour in particular.

Even before any potential increase in the Pilot award, The Auckland Aero Club is nearly half the price of RQAC for a basic dual flying lesson!.

AAC: A$161 dual p/h vs. RQAC A$307 dual p/h.

Charlie:

I'm not an expert on New Zealand Industrial Relations, however, i'm sure the NZ CAA has a similar detachment to Pilot pay as CASA does here.

Blacklisting is unrealistic. It's not the fault of Kiwi Pilots. All I have flown with are highly professional. They do not have any kind of award system in their Industry.

I would suggest there are more 'cancerous' Aussie pilots in the Industry. At least here there is an award - therefore no excuse for Aussie Pilots to work for low pay.

(BTW: Im not a Kiwi)

NZ just has a different system to Australia. It seems to work for them or the Kiwis would change it.

Just in the same way Australia can not manufacture cars without Govt. subsidies.

It's a modern economic reality. When Industries become unviable, they wither and die.

Australia may soon (5-10 years time) have very few flying schools. Charter companies may survive better.

Some schools such as China Southern WA may continue as their parent company is China Southern Airlines.