PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - john frohnsdorff elected BALPA General Secretary
Old 5th Jul 2002, 10:06
Martin A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a newcomer to these, have not yet worked out who is who, hopeless at cross words too ! Anonymity has its plae, e.g. CHIRP, but one would hope that in thsi debate we would keep a reasonable tone, which as you mentioned , was just a tad aggressive ! That seesm to be aproblem with anon. debates, as you can make all kinds of wild and unsubstantiated claims which you cannot be called to task on. For example the BALP yacht, which I belieev was paid for ona BAPLA credit card as the most convenient way at the time and all costs FULLY re-imbursed after wards and recorded as such. Have we all not had to do something similar, even if it was only borrowing the change given to us for an errand set by our parents and re-paying it when we got home ?
Looks like this debate is about over. I will now get time to do some more technical stuff ! By the way, for any readers, if your company does not have a technical section for BALPA , BA has a Technical Liason Committee, then please encourage people to let us know at BALPA tech what ails you. We cannot mind read, but if you can contact us we will do our best to get something sorted or offer the best advice we can. I ahd not realised this was not happening until one of you kindly wrote to me in an E-mail , mentiong the issue almost as an aside, but it was an serious issue which I am now tackling.
Regards
all
Martin A

P.S keep the debates going, try not to get aggressive, get hard facts whenever you can, does not look good if we get worked up on modified rumours. Perhaps a way of indicating level of confidence of what you have heard, As an example. Sunrise in East level 1, Britney Spears is still a virgin, level ? with a symbol to alert us?