PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2010, 21:24
Dave Ed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Formations

Yes, I know! I obviously have too much spare time on my hands.

But my normal time consuming activities such as wife, house, garden and dogs (of which one was poisoned and died a week ago) are a few thousand miles away, so as I am stuck in a hotel in cold and gloomy UK we had better make the most of it!!!

So, with one eye on the rugby and football......

A collection of Bristow Helicopters flying in formation and quite a varied selection, I must say.

Widgeons G-APPR and G-APPS. Flight International, December 1958 (I was one month old!) reported both of these aircraft being air freighted to Persia under contract to Iranian Oil Exploration and Producing Co. for work on pipeline construction. However this picture is dated at 1959.

Three Aussie Pumas.

Probably at Warri Shell in the eighties. For a while Warri based 212s had a trademark zig-zag at the forward end of the blue cheat line as can be seen on LU and LT. Didn’t Eket machines have red tails around the same time?

A flight of five North Sea Tigers on a photo shoot.

Australia 1982. B206, Wessex, Puma and S61.

Bristow-Malaysia S61s VR-BDO and BDN over East coast Malaysia.

A couple of Whirlwinds on contract to IPAC (Iran Pan American Oil Company) As you can see, the rotors are perfectly synchronised which was achieved by judicial use of the rotor brake..........or so the story goes. Ian Clark and Ken Bradley being the pilots. Circa 1960

The Puma was operated as the fleet mainstay from 1979 with the first one being an ex North Sea Aircraft G-BFSV ( VH-BHO ). The picture shows Puma VH-WOF and Bell 212 VH-BEL. The 212s were used for general utility work and back-ups for the Pumas.