PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Bleeding pilots
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2010, 20:12
bigbrother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its a big sand pit

now lads play nice! It's a big sand pit and where all in it together, more or less. Back to the attrition numbers. A good contact tells me that 40 REX crew are on HOLD Files, and numbers for upgrade are in the teens. From a business model point of view the head office boys at REX have kept the thing alive through some pretty tough times, and made a profit. Not a bad effort in the current times. But, one of the boys tells me the EBA was a ****e deal with no real increase in pay, or conditions. Its been said before, that LKH considers pilots overpaid bus drivers. I remember not many years ago driving busses for more money. I guess that made me the dummy. The race to the bottom continues unforntuately across the industry. The real fly in the ointment, and this is yet to come true, is the new Regional player. REX will really be hammered if another operator comes in with an airconditioned, newer machine to capture the paying publics attention. I'm told the SAAB is a sweat box in summer, and chiller in winter.