PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - looking for A320 jobs
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2010, 17:24
IrishJetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely. Don't get more in to debt by buying a TR without a job attached and certainly don't ever pay for line training. As others have said, line training is only around 80-90 sectors at most and even then you know very very little. It's normal line ops that give you the experience and obviously you're not going to get it.

Times are terrible now so save your money. IF you're lucky at the next upturn you MIGHT get a job but be very aware that the odds are stacked against you unless there is a major turnaround.

I had to wait 13 years to get the money and experience by part-time instructing. After qualifying I had to wait another 2 years to get a job and my God was I lucky because I only got in 7 months before Sep 11. If I hadn't then I really don't think I ever would have got one as I was 34 by then.

Since then my luck has held and I even joined Ryanair (which i'm very happy with) 3 years ago and THEY PAID for the TR even though I'd never been near a 737 before. Timing, supply/Demand, persistence and a great big dollop of luck. Pure and simple.