PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Types only - Which way to jump?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2010, 16:30
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not fussed what colour my uniform is, being in the forces is a state of mind, not a state of dress.
Just remember that being aircrew in either of the other 2 Services makes you a second class citizen, regardless of what people may say here. To get "on" in the RN (so you can try to make a difference rather than just bitch about it on PPRuNe....) you need to drive ships, be a warfare officer etc - not to be an aviator (or at least certainly not FW). How quickly have the various 1SL's sold out the SHAR and the RN element of JFH (he didn't put up much of a fight, lets be honest). And there will need to be a lot of commission resignations amongst the RW if it goes to the Army (unless you want one tour flying then tour after tour as G1, G3, G7, G9 etc)

360 Sqd Canberra T17's
The best, and cheapest, recruitment agency the RAF and British Airways could ever have! Only ever met 1 dark blue (amongst the aircrew) that returned to the FAA the rest jumped ship (so to speak). I guess some of those 'old boys' who are now on the Rotary fleet may have regretted burning their old RN uniform .... still there can't be many who can say they served in all 3 Services