PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Lesson 1:01: How To Seriously Upset A Group Of Premium Customers
Old 6th Feb 2010, 11:14
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
L337
At T5 we have some remote stands, but the vast majority of arrivals and departures are onto a pier
I'm sure they are but the times that they AREN'T are the times it's noticed - that's the business.

I arrived at T5 last August from JNB, so we were on 27L and able to roll off directly into the T5 area. As with all JNB flights, we arrived in the 06:00 /0 07:00 hour and the place was quiet. We had to be bussed.

Yes, I realise that the a/c might not be turning immediately and so they parked on a remote where it could wait until later in the day. In that case, park at a proper gate and then tow the machine back to the remote gate. Cost money? Oohhh shocking. For the record, the flight was great. Boarded on time (through some old fangled device called a jet-way that they still use in South Africa) and the cabin service was very good indeed. I was in WT+ and fed up with having to go through the old bussing routine after a 10.5hr flight.

Incidentally, the only reason I travelled on BA? I had enough FFMs to spare. Such a pity to see a good company sliding down but, as I have said before, ALL old companies do this and it is inevitable and unstoppable. Ask Woollies and General Motors and all the rest.