PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PC12 Glide Approach
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2010, 07:50
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Plovett" as far as I know yr correct, there are no PC's or even Beechs that have an interchangeable stretcher with the roads trucks here in Oz (but am happy to be corrected). They are however working on that it's a work in progress maybe for the next contract, who knows I don't think anybody ATM on that score.
Only recently the Bell 412 low skid models are now fully interchangeable with road trucks stretchers, roll on roll off. I/we envy them! As I have said may times amongst these pages the PC sh1ts all over the old truck like Beech for ergonomics etc bar for one tiny detail.............NOT ENOUGH ENGINES !!!!!...Well not for me anyway
I was following one of these PC thingies just the other day down the slippery slide (ILS) in the poo for real. As I let the old Beech auto itself down that slide whilst trying to stay awake as the comfort of TWO engines almost puts yr feet to sleep I thought what if that single fan on the PC up ahead of me failed whilst in IMC at say 5 miles (1500 ft AGL Approx) from the rwy with nothing but built up area under it's shadow?.......... I just smiled as the drone of the TWO engines keeping me safe
Look all a bit of a stir I guess but we each have choices in life, I choose to stay safe, or is that safer?

Wmk2