PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet ongoing pilot requirments contract or otherwise?
Old 6th Feb 2010, 01:35
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keithskye - £100k is about correct after 10 years, but as others have stated, that is basically under 'old' terms and conditions. I am not sure a newly promoted captain at easyJet could expect to earn that in 10 years time (inflation corrected etc). The hours you fly depend on which base you are at. If you are Gatwick-based you can expect to fly very close to the legal limit of 900 hours per year. The hours are significantly less than that at the regional bases (down to 650-ish I am told). I have just checked my 'rolling 365' and tonight it stands at 910 hours. Apparently that is legal because it will be sorted by the end of the month and below the legal limit of 900. So on one hand easyJet is about as secure an airline as currently exists, but you will work yourself to death if you are a pilot there. On the plus side, the 5354 rostering system is a God-send and you fly brand new Airbuses that have every mod con Airbus can provide. There is a good safety culture, but the company is increasingly run by thieves and robbers who would leave you in the street without a pennie to your name if they could. As someone who feels permanently exhausted, however, that flying rate is not sustainable in the long term.