PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single prop stall recoveries
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2010, 22:47
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Single prop stall recoveries

I wonder if anybody can help me? I'm kicking off some research into stall recovery actions as used in single-prop (mostly training) aeroplanes. Basically we're looking at what is being taught in the various training regimes, comparing it to what's in the various aircraft certification standards, and then evaluating the sets of "generic" stall recovery actions on a range of civil piston-prop aeroplanes. Eventually we hope to identify whether there are any sets of stall recovery actions being published that might have problems (such as in FAA-land where many instructors seem to be teaching power-first recoveries, potentially a bad thing with a low thrustline?), or mismatches between instructional practice and test flying practice.

For civil aeroplanes, I've got plenty of good data sources, but I'm too far away from the military training system these days to know what's in use for any current types.

So, can anybody tell me the exact sequence / wording of actions for stall recovery as being taught for any single-prop military types, such as the G115, Tucano, Texan...? Also, what are the currently taught stall scenarios? -obviously level/CR, but also from land configuration turns? steep turns?

Better still, if you can give a document reference, I'll be astoundingly grateful, and might even say thank you!

G