PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kiwi B777 burst 12 tyres in aborted takeoff at NRT
Old 5th Feb 2010, 17:42
Checkboard

Received 122 Likes on 59 Posts
I admit my initial post was a little abrupt. Also not as clear as I usually intend, and rather than "above V1" should have read "high energy" ("above V1" being the most interesting subset of "high energy"). Having said that, however, my personal dislikes in accident & incident threads are posts which say:
  • wait until all of the facts are in
  • wait for the report
  • the pilots did a great job
  • the pilots did a terrible job
  • this incident is nothing
  • (in the case of fatal accidents) God bless all those who have perished, my thoughts are with you ... etc
  • those posts I disagree with are obviously wannabes with no experience in aviation
this is simply because this is a rumour forum - those who want to wait for facts and reports may do their waiting on the official accident investigation board websites and shouldn't bother reading anything here.

The incident was reported, it was obviously high energy, speculation about where V1 existed in the event is relevant - and none of this is any comment about the role played by the pilots. I am of course aware of the limitations of first information (usually from the media.).
where inclined, speculate intelligently from knowledge and experience.
Exactly.